The Architectural Review is seeking the world’s most exciting dwellings. Looking for projects built in the last five years, AR House celebrates creativity and innovation, ideas that push the type forward whatever the scale and construction cost. The judges’ chosen schemes will all be visited by an independent critic before a decision is made on the winner.
- All entries will be reviewed by the expert international judging panel which will choose a shortlist of 15 projects.
- The top 6 commended projects will then be visited by an independent critic before the winner is selected by the judges.
- All entrants will have their project listed on the AR House awards website, each with an image and URL.
- All shortlisted projects will be promoted on the AR website, emails and via social media to its more than a million readers worldwide.
- All shortlisted projects will be featured in the July/August issue of The Architectural Review, with in-depth building studies for the top 6.
- Photographs of the winning project will be considered by the editorial team for the front cover of The Architectural Review
Enter your projects using our simple registration. All projects must have been completed after January 2014, there are no budget or location restrictions.
- Register on the enter page and enter your contact and project details.
- Provide us with 250 words of explanatory text describing the project.
- Upload your 2 entry boards to your online entry - these should include images and explanatory text and will be used for judging so are the main part of your entry. We will require the artwork for each board as a PDF file containing compressed images, drawings and vectorised text. Files should not exceed 12Mb in size and do not require trim lines or bleed. Projects will be printed on two A2 sized boards. Please also submit one hi-res image to be used on the website for our submitted projects page.
- To ensure anonymity in judging, no names of entrants or collaborating parties may appear on any part of the board. When you register your details online, you will be given a reference number. PLEASE ENSURE THIS REFERENCE NUMBER IS PROVIDED WHEN UPLOADING YOUR BOARDS VIA THE ENTRY FORM. Only after the Jury has made its decision will the identity of the winners be revealed.
- Boards should include at least ONE PLAN and ONE SECTION of the project as well as images and a short explanatory text.
- Submit your entry by the deadline. You can start and save your entry to come back to at any point before the deadline.
Use of images of promotional material:
The Architectural Review also reserves the right to make use of images of winning projects (both in print and digital media) for promotional material and editorial use in connection with the award. For instance, this might include publicising an exhibition (of winning entries), a lecture series (featuring the winning architects), or promoting the award itself. Use of material in this capacity either in whole or part will not attract payment of copyright. Where we are made aware of their names, photographers will be credited.
Early bird entry deadline: 1 March - £325+VAT
Entry deadline: 29 March - £375+VAT
Payment via invoice is only available up to 5 weeks before the entry deadline, after this time entries must be paid by credit card. The credit card option is available throughout the whole entry campaign.